Special emphasis needs to be put on improving the following areas in Podcast #2.
1. Sound Levels – make sure all voices, music and sfx are normalized.
2. Length – your Podcast can be anywhere from 3-10 minutes.
3. Effects – avoid using effects on your voice; only use music and effects to enhance your podcast
4. Editing – make sure everything sounds natural and seamless; you can remove major voicing mistakes
5. Voicing – make sure you speak clearly, with a good level of energy, a good, understandable pace, and smile
6. Transitions – go from one story or topic to another smoothly, without stopping and starting
7. Topic – remember your topic and don’t stray from it
8. Promote – at the end of the podcast, promote your next show, and perhaps create an email address so listeners can contact you
9. Intros/Outros – make sure your intros/outros match and announce your show and are an appropriate length. Consider fading them under your voice as you begin/end and/or having someone voice a “Welcome to…/You’ve been listening to… over the music. Effective Intros/Outros should be around 20 seconds long.
10. Overall Sound - Well Prepared and Well Produced - write well, speak well, produce well, and have a sharp show! Settle for nothing less!